Monday, August 27, 2012

silent debate





1-Who are you? How old are you in 1787? I am George Mason and I was 62 in 1787
2-Are you a federalist or anti-federalist? I am a Federalist
3-What is your personal history up to 1787?  I created drafts of the first declaration of rights and state constitution in the Colonies.
4-What was your role in contitutional convention? To help with the bill of rights
5-What ststed views would explain your actions during the constitutional convention? I refused to sign the Constitution, however, and returned to his native state as an outspoken opponent in the ratification contest.
6-What is your stance during the ratifying conventions? Who supports your viewpoints? I was one of the five most frequent speakers. I believed in the disestablishment of the church. I was a strong anti-federalist who wanted a weak central government, divided into three parts, with little power, leaving the several States with a preponderance of political power.
7-What are yor views of this new plan of government? What are the benefits or dangers?  I belief in the rule of reason and in the centrality of the natural rights of man.
-site sources http://www.let.rug.nl/usa/biographies/george-mason/a-biography-of-george-mason-1725-1792.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment